The date is 10/10/10, the morning of the Chicago Marathon. Dave and I decided that we wanted to wake up in time to see the Kenyans and Ethiopians run past our apartment which is at a ridiculous hour since they run so fast. I, being the idiot that I am, decided that this would be the perfect opportunity to make a big breakfast. Did I forget that I had spent the last 2 nights drinking my face off? Why, yes I did! Luckily, this is seriously one of the easiest recipes I've ever made, and also one of the most delicious. So set you're alarm for 6:30am, chug some water to cure your cotton mouth, and get ready to say "Pucker up and Quiche me"!
2 cups of milk
3/4 cup Bisquick
1/4 cup softened butter or margarine
1 cup diced ham
1 cup chopped broccoli
7oz. Cheddar cheese
1. BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! (Is there any alarm clock in the world that doesn't make you want to chuck it out the window as soon as you reach it?) Roll out of bed, go to the bathroom, look in mirror and observe bags under eyes. Check! We're ready to go.
2. Make coffee, spill coffee grinds all over floor, swear.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pam the crap out of a 9inch pie pan.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, softened butter, milk, Bisquick, and some black pepper. Batter will be lumpy.
Monday, October 11, 2010
Saturday, October 9, 2010
- Take your half banana and cut into thin slices on to the half paper towel. I like to mix up how thick each slice is because when you mix everything together, there is a surprise in every bite.
- Pour Rice Krispies into bowl until you are about ¼ away from the top.
- Pour fat free milk into bowl. The amount you pour in is at your discretion. If you are making this for another, it may be wise to ask how much milk they want. You can use the picture below for reference for what I feel as normal.
- Hurry up and get your banana slices. We do NOT want the cereal to get soggy! Place bananas into bowl. If you are obsessive compulsive, make a pattern like I had to.