Monday, October 11, 2010

Pucker up and Quiche me

The date is 10/10/10, the morning of the Chicago Marathon. Dave and I decided that we wanted to wake up in time to see the Kenyans and Ethiopians run past our apartment which is at a ridiculous hour since they run so fast. I, being the idiot that I am, decided that this would be the perfect opportunity to make a big breakfast. Did I forget that I had spent the last 2 nights drinking my face off? Why, yes I did! Luckily, this is seriously one of the easiest recipes I've ever made, and also one of the most delicious. So set you're alarm for 6:30am, chug some water to cure your cotton mouth, and get ready to say "Pucker up and Quiche me"!

Ingredients:
4 eggs
2 cups of milk
3/4 cup Bisquick
1/4 cup softened butter or margarine
1 cup diced ham
1 cup chopped broccoli
7oz. Cheddar cheese




1. BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! (Is there any alarm clock in the world that doesn't make you want to chuck it out the window as soon as you reach it?) Roll out of bed, go to the bathroom, look in mirror and observe bags under eyes. Check! We're ready to go.

2. Make coffee, spill coffee grinds all over floor, swear.

3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pam the crap out of a 9inch pie pan.

4. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, softened butter, milk, Bisquick, and some black pepper. Batter will be lumpy.

5. Stir broccoli, ham, and cheese into egg mixture. Note how disgusting it looks at this stage. Dry heave depending on your level of hangover.

6. Pour everything into pie pan. Put in the oven and bake for 50 minutes.

7. Take a moment to admire new kitchen hardware. (I hung that myself without a level, thank you).

8. Relax and catch up on DVRed episodes of Jersey Shore. By the time Mike The Situation is "quiche-ing" some grenades in the hot tub, your breakfast is probably ready to come out of the oven.

9. Cut and serve quiche. Sit on balcony and enjoy your delicious breakfast while watching the 38,132 mentally insane people run by. You better get a "quiche" or 2 for cooking such a delicious meal!
 

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmmm.

    We made this for breakfast at our house today- delicious. Thanks for the recipe!

    I have a lot of Bisquick to use up, you should do another recipe with Bisquick in it :)

    Hope Chicago is beautiful this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete