I basically live off of soups. They're delicious, easy to make, and most importantly they're cheap like the girls that frequent the bar across the street from my apartment. I call this recipe Bitchin' Chicken Cacciatore Soup for 3 reasons:
1. It's a recipe from Rachel Ray 30 minute meals and she named it Chicken Cacciatore Stoup (She uses words like "stoup" and "yummo" because she's totally annoying)
2. It tastes bitchin'.
3. There are so many things to chop up, that you will definitely be bitching.
Sidenote to Rachel Ray- when you say "30 minute meal" you have to factor in the time it takes me to chop vegetables because I certainly don't have your hyper-speed chopping skills. Also... if you put wine in a recipe, I'm gonna drink it and get sidetracked; so stop lying to me!
Bitchin' Chicken Cacciatore Soup
-1 lb chicken breast
- baby bella mushrooms (8-10)
- 2 white potatoes
- yellow onion
- red bell pepper
- garlic (buy pre-chopped, or else you will rip your hair out by the time you get to it)
- fresh rosemary (2-3 sprigs)
- celery (3 stalks)
- red wine
- 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
3. Cut chicken with kitchen scissors directly into soup pot on MH coated in Pam. Add grill seasoning to chicken and cook until all the e.coli is gone. Remove from pot and set aside (because having MORE dirty dishes to clean is what's really exciting about this recipe)
4. Add some Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the pan. Throw in potatoes and some red pepper flakes. Cook for about 4 minutes.
5. Add celery, mushrooms, and onion. Cook until mushrooms start to look really little and onion is soft.
6. Add peppers, garlic, and chopped rosemary to the pot, cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken back to the pot.
7. Pour some wine in the pot, pour some wine in your mouth.
9. Add in chicken broth and diced tomatoes. I add in some water too because I like my soups really brothy. Simmer on M heat for 15 minutes.